Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) certifies the following documents awarded by Polish higher education institutions:
- Diplomas and diploma supplements and their official copies (odpis), including official copies in foreign languages issued by the university.
- Certificates of completion of postgraduate studies (świadectwo ukończenia studiów podyplomowych).
- Duplicates of diplomas, diploma supplements, and certificates of completion of postgraduate studies.
- Certificates of completion of studies (zaświadczenie o ukończeniu studiów).
- PhD and habilitation diplomas as well as their official copies (odpis), including official copies in foreign languages issued by the university.
- Duplicates of PhD and habilitation diplomas.
What documents we do NOT certify
Documents not mentioned above – for example notarial copies, sworn translations, transcripts of records etc. – canNOT be certified by NAWA. To find information regarding certification of these documents contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/certification-of-documents
NAWA does NOT certify documents awarded by church higher education institutions as well as the Polish Academy of Sciences and research institutes. These can be certified by:
- Secretary of Polish Episcopal Conference – diplomas and other documents awarded by a church higher education institution
- Chancellery of Polish Academy of Sciences – diplomas and other documents awarded by the scientific institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences or international scientific institutes
- Ministry supervising a given research institute – diplomas and other documents awarded by a research institute.
In case of documents issued by another institution – eg. Prawosławne seminarium duchowne – please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for advice what institution is authorized to authenticate such document.