Applying for admission to postgraduate non-degree studies - NAWA

In order to personalize content, adjust and analyse ads, and provide safer experience, we use cookies. By using this website, you agree to the collection of information by us. The details can be found at: Privacy policy.

Your degree gives access to non-academic post-diploma studies (studia podyplomowe) if it may be recognised as a full qualification at least at level 6 obtained within the higher education and science system. It means that your degree has to fulfill one of the below listed criteria:

  • it is recognised as equivalent to a Polish degree on the basis of international agreement,
  • it was recognised as equivalent to a Polish degree by means of nostrification,
  • it was issued in one of EU, EFTA or OECD member states and can be considered as confirming in the territory of Poland education at least at the level of first-cycle studies.



Diplomas confirming the completion of higher education abroad do not give access to further studies in Poland if:

  1. institutions which issued them or institutions in which the education was provided:
    1. were not accredited higher education institutions on the date of issuing the diploma or implemented a study programme which did not have accreditation on the date of issuing the diploma or
    2. do not operate within a higher education system of any country or
  2. a higher education programme or its part was implemented against provisions of the country in which the education was provided.


Legal basis:  

  • international agreements
  • Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 28th September 2018 on the nostrification of higher education diplomas obtained abroad and on confirmation of completion higher education studies at a given level of education (Official Journey of Laws, No 1881)
  • Article 326.1 and article 160.3 in the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85)