Your degree gives access to non-academic post-diploma studies (studia podyplomowe) if it was issued in one of EU, EFTA, OECD member states or if is recognised on the basis of an international agreement and it fulfills at least one of the below listed criteria:
- gives access to second cycle programmes in the country where it was obtained
- confirms completion of a joint programme provided by foreign higher education institutions and gives access to second cycle programmes in at least one of the country in the education of which it was provided.
In case of diplomas issued in other countries, the admission to studia podyplomowe is possible only after nostrification - procedure that aims at determining the Polish equivalent of a foreign diploma and degree, according to Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 28th September 2018 on the nostrification of higher education diplomas obtained abroad and on confirmation of completion higher education studies at a given level of education (Official Journey of Laws, No 1881).
Diplomas confirming the completion of higher education abroad do not give access to further studies in Poland if:
- institutions which issued them or institutions in which the education was provided:
a) were not accredited higher education institutions on the date of issuing the diploma or implemented a study programme which did not have accreditation on the date of issuing the diploma or
b) do not operate within a higher education system of any country or
- a higher education programme or its part was implemented against provisions of the country in which the education was provided.
- Article 326.1 and article 160 in the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668 with amendments)
- international agreements