Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) certifies the following documents awarded by Polish higher education institutions:
- Diplomas and diploma supplements and their official copies (odpis), including official copies in foreign languages issued by the university.
- Certificates of completion of postgraduate studies (świadectwo ukończenia studiów podyplomowych).
- Duplicates of diplomas, diploma supplements, and certificates of completion of postgraduate studies.
- Certificates of completion of studies (zaświadczenie o ukończeniu studiów).
- PhD and habilitation diplomas as well as their official copies (odpis), including official copies in foreign languages issued by the university.
- Duplicates of PhD and habilitation diplomas.
What documents we do NOT certify
Documents not mentioned above – for example notarial copies, sworn translations, transcripts of records etc. – canNOT be certified by NAWA. To find information regarding certification of these documents contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
NAWA does NOT certify documents awarded by church higher education institutions as well as the Polish Academy of Sciences and research institutes. These can be certified by:
- Secretary of Polish Episcopal Conference – diplomas and other documents awarded by a church higher education institution
- Chancellery of Polish Academy of Sciences – diplomas and other documents awarded by the scientific institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences or international scientific institutes
- Ministry supervising a given research institute – diplomas and other documents awarded by a research institute.
In case of documents issued by another institution – eg. Prawosławne seminarium duchowne – please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for advice what institution is authorized to authenticate such document.