Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) certifies the following documents awarded by Polish higher education institutions:
- originals, duplicates or official copies (odpis), issued in Polish or in a foreign language, of:
- diploma supplements
- PhD diplomas
- habilitation diplomas
- originals or duplicates of certificates of completion of postgraduate studies (świadectwo ukończenia studiów podyplomowych) - only documents issued in Polish
- originals of certificates of completion of studies (zaświadczenie o ukończeniu studiów) - only documents issued in Polish.
The apostille clause may only be used to certify documents containing a signature of the person authorized to sign them and their personal stamp with their imprinted name and surname and their official function at the university.
What documents we do NOT certify
Documents not mentioned above – for example notarial copies, sworn translations, transcripts of records etc. – canNOT be certified by NAWA. To find information regarding certification of these documents contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/certification-of-documents
NAWA does NOT certify documents awarded by church higher education institutions as well as the Polish Academy of Sciences and research institutes. These can be certified by:
- Secretary of Polish Episcopal Conference – diplomas and other documents awarded by a church higher education institution
- Chancellery of Polish Academy of Sciences – diplomas and other documents awarded by the scientific institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences or international scientific institutes
- Ministry supervising a given research institute – diplomas and other documents awarded by a research institute.
In case of documents issued by another institution – eg. Prawosławne seminarium duchowne – please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for advice what institution is authorized to authenticate such document.