A foreign degree may be recognised as equivalent to a Polish one on the basis of an international agreement or (if there is no such an agreement) through the procedure of nostrification (read more).
Diplomas confirming the completion of higher education abroad cannot be recognised in Poland if:
- institutions which issued them or institutions in which the education was provided:
- were not accredited higher education institutions on the date of issuing the diploma or implemented a study programme which did not have accreditation on the date of issuing the diploma or
- do not operate within a higher education system of any country or
- a higher education programme or its part was implemented against provisions of the country in which the education was provided.
- Article 327 paragraph 1 Act of 20 July 2018 on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2023, item 742),
- Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 28thSeptember 2018 on the nostrification of higher education diplomas obtained abroad and on confirmation of completion higher education studies at a given level of education (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1881).
If you need a recognition statement, e.g. to present it to your employer or to continue your study at Polish university, you can use the KWALIFIKATOR system, or apply for an individual statement to NAWA.