If you need a recognition statement, e.g. to present it to your employer or to continue your study at Polish university, you can use the KWALIFIKATOR system, or apply for an individual statement to NAWA according to following instruction.
The recognition statement is issued only in Polish and it is free of charge.
ATTENTION! Due to the large amount of applications:
- NAWA does not respond to inquiries regarding the status of the case before the term of 45 days from the date of receipt of the documents.
The date of delivery of the application to NAWA can be checked independently/ self-dependently on the website of Poczta Polska or the courier company, depending on the chosen method of sending the documents;
- the time of processing requests for recognition statements on foreign diplomas may be prolonged and exceed the period of 45 days indicated below.
1. Fill in and sign the Recognition-application-form-2020.pdf129.8 KB
The application form should be filled in in English or Polish. The names of awarded diploma, titles and degrees as well as names of awarding institutions are to be indicated in original form – if the Latin alphabet was used. In other cases the names should be translated into Polish or English.
By signing the application you:
- confirm that you have familiarised yourself with information on the processing of your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation,
- agree to verification of the authenticity of documents - if necessary.
2. Prepare the set of necessary documents (they will not be returned):
- certified copy of the diploma
- certified copy of the transcript/ diploma supplement/ list of subjects and grades etc. – in case of diplomas of higher education
NOTE: The documents should be certified by the Polish notary (notariusz) or by the Consul of the Republic of Poland in the country where the diploma was awarded
- photocopy of the previous document of education together with transcript/ diploma supplement (in case of submitting the diploma of completion of I level studies the previous document is a secondary education certificate)
- photocopy of the certified translation of the above mentioned documents – in case of documents issued in languages other than English, German, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian
NOTE: Document translations (if required) should be done by a Polish translator entered in the list of sworn translators
- photocopy of the identity card/ passport
- photocopy of the document stating the change of surname (if the surname indicated in the diploma is different from that currently used).
3. The application together with the complete set of documents should be sent by post to the following address:
Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange
The information will be issued within 45 days from the date of receipt of the complete set of required documents and sent by registered letter to the person and correspondence address in Poland, indicated in the application form.
The information is issued in Polish.
There is no fee for issuing the information on foreign diploma.