NAWA is a new institution that was established on October 1st, 2017. It is set up to coordinate state activities driving the process of internationalization of Polish academic and research institutions. The mission of NAWA is to foster the development of Poland in the area of science and higher education.
Objectives and directions of NAWA’s activities in the period 2021–2027:
- enhancing international cooperation of scientists within the Polish system of science and higher education
- enhancing international cooperation of Polish universities and scientific institutions
- increasing the number of outstanding foreign students at Polish universities
- disseminating information about the Polish system of tertiary education and science
- expanding the international community of people familiar with the Polish language and culture
The legal basis for appointing the Agency is The Act on the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange of 7 July 2017