For additional information, please contact us (working days, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm):
telephone: 22 390 35 21
22 390 35 78
Narodowa Agencja Wymiany Akademickiej
ul. Polna 40
tel.+48/22 390 35 00
fax +48/22 826 28 23
FAQ: The Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme
Having questions about The Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme? We created an extensive list of frequently asked questions and recommend you to look here in the first instance
- Can I apply for non-public universities in Poland if I become the beneficiary?
Yes. If selected, you will be able to apply to all the universities supervised by the Minister of Education and Science including public and private universities.
- What is the deadline for submitting the application?
The call for proposals shall be conducted till 31 March 2022 3:00:00 pm of the local time (Warsaw).
- What fields of study does the Programme cover?
You can apply for the scholarship if you would like to pursue a second-cycle degree in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, or natural sciences. In the case of candidates from Europe, Central Asia, and the South Caucasus - also in the field of social sciences or humanities.
- What are the required documents to apply for the scholarship?
- Scan of a valid passport with the Applicant's personal data, confirming the Applicant's citizenship
- Scan of the first-cycle studies diploma and its supplement. Applicants who, at the time of submitting the application, are students of the last year of first-cycle studies, shall submit a scan of the university's certificate confirming the arithmetic average of grades obtained in the first-cycle studies as at the date of submission of the application.
- Scan of a document confirming the knowledge of Polish/English language
- Recommendation letter.
- Can the scholarship cover the humanities studies?
It depends on your citizenship. For the citizens of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan the Programme offers opportunity to complete second-cycle studies also in the field of humanities and social sciences, with the exception of philological studies in the field of the mother tongue of the beneficiary's country of origin.
- Do I need to know the Polish language in order to apply for the Programme?
In case if you are planning to study in Polish language, you need to have a documented knowledge of the Polish language minimum at the A2 level, but if you are planning to study in English, minimum B2 level of English is required.
- If I have graduated from the university in 2019, can I apply for the Banach Scholarship Programme?
No. The diploma should be obtained in a country covered by the Programme not earlier than in 2020.
- Citizens of which countries can apply for the Banach Scholarship Programme?
Citizens of the following countries can apply for the Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme: Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Montenegro, Ethiopia, Philippines, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Colombia , Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, South Africa, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
- Should I prepare the application in the Polish language?
No. You can submit the application in English or Polish.
- How many applications can I submit?
A maximum number of applications that may be submitted by one Applicant is 1.
- Can I apply for the scholarship if I have applied for the Polish citizenship?
No. Only foreigners who do not have Polish citizenship and have not applied for Polish citizenship can send application for the Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme.
- Can I apply for the scholarship if I am a student of the last year of first-cycle studies?
Yes, you can.
- Can the scholarship cover the Bachelor`s degree?
No. The scholarship is directed at providing only the second-cycle studies.
- When the results are going to be announced?
The results of the call for proposals shall be announced by 15 July 2022.
- Who can I contact in case of a very specific question?
- What is the amount of the monthly stipend provided by the scholarship Programme?
The scholarship shall amount to:
- PLN 1700 per month during the preparatory course (the scholarship holder shall not have the status of a student, which shall prevent him/her from taking advantage of discounts applicable to students, e.g. in public transport);
- PLN 1500 per month during second-cycle studies.
- Where can I find the list of the recognized English language certificates?
You can find it following this link: https://nawa.gov.pl/images/users/629/Banach-2021/The-list-of-eligible-certificates-of-English-language.pdf
- How good my English/Polish language should be in order to apply for the Programme?
You need to have a documented knowledge of the Polish language minimum at the A2 level, or English minimum at the B2 level
- Can I send you the recommendation letter in my native language?
If the attachments are drafted in a language other than Polish or English, a translation into Polish or English shall be required. A sworn translation or a translation certified by a Polish diplomatic and consular mission shall only be allowed. In the case of countries where there is no sworn translator or no Polish diplomatic or consular mission, the translation of the documents made by a Polish language teacher or an ordinary translator, certified by the translator's seal shall be allowed.
- Can I study in the English language?
You can choose either to study in the English language or Polish.
- Can I apply if I have already obtained a Master’s degree in my country?
No. Only the Candidates that have not obtained a diploma of completion of second-cycle studies or long-cycle Master's studies can apply for the Programme. If there is no system of two-cycle studies commonly applied in the candidate's country of origin, candidates with a diploma of master's studies or equivalent shall be admitted.