You can start habilitation proceedings in Poland if you hold a degree of Doctor of Philosophy fulfilling at least one of the below listed criteria:
- is recognised on the basis of an international agreement,
- was awarded by an authorised institution operating in a member state of EU, EFTA, OECD,
- was awarded in another country and recognised on the basis of the regulation on nostrification of academic degrees (learn more about the nostrification of academic degrees).
- international agreements,
- Article 328 of the Act on Higher Education and Science of 20th July 2018. (Journal of Laws of 2020 r., item 85),
- Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 28th September, 2018 on the Nostrification of Academic Degrees and Degrees In the Area of Art Obtained Abroad (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1877).