If you apply by February 29th you will know if accepted within a week
February 29th this year the first stage of recruitment for all courses ends. At the beginning of March, all those who apply and meet the Program requirements will receive confirmation of acceptance to the course, information about not being accepted or remaining on the reserve list.
Recruitment lasts until May this year or until places are filled. The moment of submitting the application is important because the evaluation of applications and confirmation of admissions takes place at the beginning of each month.
We already know where and when summer courses will be held in 2024!
Notice: all the courses are for students and academic teachers.
All the on-site courses are intensive (app. 7 hours of different activities a day); while on-line courses may by more intensive (app. 6 hours a day) or standard (app. 4 hours a day).
1. John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers in Lublin on July 1-28, 2024. More information: https://www.kul.pl/aplikacja-nawa,111400.html,111400.html.
2. Maria Curie-Skłodowska University will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers in Lublin on July 6-26, 2024. More information: https://www.umcs.pl/en/summer-courses,8084.htm.
3. The University of Wrocław will organize two courses in Wrocław in July for students and academic teachers:
4. Adam Mickiewicz University will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers in Poznań on July 22 - August 11, 2024. More information: https://schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/kurs-letni-nawa/
5. The University of Silesia will organize five courses in August (more information: https://www.sjikp.us.edu.pl/en/summer-school-of-polish-language-literature-and-culture/ ):
- on-site course for students and academic teachers in Cieszyn on the Polish-Czech border on August 1-28, 2024,
- on-line course for students and academic teachers on August 1-21, 2024,
- intensive on-line course for students and academic teachers on August 1-21, 2024.
6. The University of Lodz will organize an intensive summer NAWA remote course for students and academic teachers on August 5-25, 2024. To apply fill in here
Welcome to Poland!
We invite you to a country with an extraordinary tradition of freedom, tolerance and democracy - a country that created the first constitution in Europe and a union with Lithuania which is a model of integration with equal rights; a country with the DNA of peaceful cooperation, and at the same time a country which, thanks to its sovereignty regained in 1989, has become a place of dynamic economic and scientific development and a leader in the region of Central and Eastern Europe.
Summer courses of Polish language, history and culture provide a unique opportunity not only to learn the language and culture, but also to visit the greatest tourist attractions, meet Poles and integrate with course participants from dozens of countries around the world who share the same passion for learning about Poland and the Polish language.
The following groups are invited to participate in the course:
- students and academic teachers of foreign universities who are foreigners or have dual citizenship (Polish and citizenship of another country) for whom Polish is not the first language, who do not study, are not employed and do not live in Poland
the participants must speak Polish or English on at least B1 level
- foreign language teachers who conduct courses in Polish as a foreign language in foreign academic centers.
The courses - including all activities related to them, as well as (in the case of on-site courses) accommodation and meals - are free of charge. Participants cover only the cost of travel to – and from - Poland, as well as the cost of medical insurance, including possible costs of transport to the country of residence. This insurance is obligatory, but it does not have to be purchased if the country of citizenship of the course participant has signed appropriate agreements with Poland.
The responsibilities of course participants also include:
- achieving the minimum attendance at classes indicated by the center organizing the course,
- participation in evaluation activities during and after the course, including completing an online survey within 14 days of its availability, access to which will be provided before the end of the course,
- cooperation with the organizer and lecturers in order to achieve the best course results,
- appropriate maintenance of the place of accommodation, places of classes and entrusted didactic materials (applies to on-site courses).
Important notice: One person is eligible to take part only in one course in one (e.g. 2024) year, even if this person receives invitation from more than one university. In such a case one should choose the preferred university and resign from the others.
All 2023 courses have already ended.
People interested in next year's courses are invited to check this website in early 2024. The centers indicated on this list are accredited for the implementation of Polish language courses in the years 2024-2026, although it is not certain whether all accredited centers will deliver the courses for which they are accredited; in any case, courses will only be organized by accredited centers.
The plan for the program activities schedule in 2024 is as follows:
1. At the turn of January and February we will publish the information regarding the universities that will organize courses and their dates. Few weeks later the universities should start publishing the information about the courses they organize including the recruitment process and curriculum.
The recruitment guidelines for the on-site courses for students and academic teachers are as follows:
a) achieving the highest possible percentage of people who have not yet used this form of support from the Polish State,
b) achieving the highest possible percentage of students and academic teachers from the countries indicated on the attached list of countries with a high level of academic studies (see here),
c) admission to the course of students and academic teachers for whom participation in the course proves to be the most useful from the point of view of the course objectives - i.e. people who link their academic or professional career with Poland or the Polish language,
d) admission to the course of people whose achievements (e.g. academic) or position in the community increase the likelihood that positive opinions about Poland and favorable attitudes towards it will become widespread (e.g. giving preference to people who publish their texts),
e) diversity of participants in terms of country of origin, universities, environments, faculties.
2. The recruitment process include:
a) filling in the questionnaire published on the university websites within the deadlines shown,
b) informing all the candidates that met the basic requirements about the acceptance to the course or placing them on the waiting list,
c) confirming by the candidate the participation in the course once the candidate is accepted. Notice that you should check your e-mail (including spam) regularly, because if the accepted candidate does not confirm participation the person from the waiting list is accepted instead and the place is taken. Notice also that late resignations or lack of the participation in the course without notice (after previous confirmation) is extremely inconvenient for the universities and may result in not accepting given person in the future courses.
d) staying in contact with the university, by checking regularly e-mail box, to ensure all the current information reaches the candidate; he/she should answer the questions and fill in the placement test if asked.
e) University will send the invitation/confirmation to all the candidates who need to have visa to come to Poland (refers to on-site courses only).
Each year summer courses offer something new, but available below the detailed information on previous edtions will provide valuable insight into what to expect in the upcoming year.
The University of Silesia organized following courses:
- in Cieszyn – on-site for students and academic teachers on August 1-28, 2023.
- On-line intensive course for students and academic teachers on July 1-21, 2023.
- On-line course for students and academic teachers on July 1-21, 2023.
More detailed information available here: https://www.sjikp.us.edu.pl/en/summer-school-of-polish-language-literature-and-culture/
Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin organized a stationary course for students and academic teachers on July 3-23, 2023. More information: https://www.umcs.pl/en/nawa-summer-course-2023,8084.htm.
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin organized a stationary course for students and academic teachers in Lublin on July 3-30, 2023. More information: https://www.kul.pl/nawa-summer-courses-2023-recruitment-open-until-april-30,art_102444.html
The University of Wrocław organized a stationary course for students and academic teachers on July 9-29, 2023. More information: https://www.sjpik.uni.wroc.pl/en/c/20).
The Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń organizes an on-site course for students and academic teachers on July 18-31, 2023. More info and application form: https://www.umk.pl/en/university/learning-polish/summer-courses-nawa/.
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań organized an on-site course for students and academic teachers on July 24 - August 13, 2023 – more info and application form: http://schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/en/summer-course-2022-2/.
The University of Lodz organized an online course for students and academic teachers on July 31 - August 20, 2023. Information is available here: https://www.sjpdc.uni.lodz.pl/studium-jezyka-polskiego-dla-cudzoziemcow-ul/szczegoly-sjpdc-aktualnosci/letnia-szkola-jezyka-historii-i-kultury-polskiej-nawa-kurs-online-43-2.
Below you will find detailed descriptions of what NAWA requires from the course organizers as a minimum demand, although universities usually offer much more.Detailed information about the course program in individual centers will be available on the websites of these centers once the recruitment starts:
Below you will find a list of countries which citizenship gives preference in the recruitment process for the course: List of preferred countries
Information about courses under the NAWA Summer Courses program is provided by the Program coordinator - Adam Brańko:
Phone: +48 22 390 35 10
Mobile phone: +48 451 058 650