Welcome to Poland!
We invite you to a country with an extraordinary tradition of freedom, tolerance and democracy - a country that created the first constitution in Europe and a union with Lithuania which is a model of integration with equal rights; a country with the DNA of peaceful cooperation, and at the same time a country which, thanks to its sovereignty regained in 1989, has become a place of dynamic economic and scientific development and a leader in the region of Central and Eastern Europe.
Summer courses of Polish language, history and culture provide a unique opportunity not only to learn the language and culture, but also to visit the greatest tourist attractions, meet Poles and integrate with course participants from dozens of countries around the world who share the same passion for learning about Poland and the Polish language.
The University of Silesia will organize following courses:
- In Cieszyn – on-site for students and academic teachers on August 1-28, 2023.
- On-line intensive course for students and academic teachers on July 1-21, 2023.
- On-line course for students and academic teachers on July 1-21, 2023.
More detailed information and application form available here: https://www.sjikp.us.edu.pl/en/summer-school-of-polish-language-literature-and-culture/
The Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers on July 3-23, 2023. More info and application form: https://www.umcs.pl/en/nawa-summer-course-2023,8084.htm.
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers in Lublin on July 3-30, 2023. More info and the link to the application form: https://www.kul.pl/nawa-summer-courses-2023-recruitment-open-until-april-30,art_102444.html
The University of Wrocław will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers on July 9-29, 2023 (more info and application form: https://www.sjpik.uni.wroc.pl/en/c/20).
The Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers on July 18-31, 2023. More info and application form: https://www.umk.pl/en/university/learning-polish/summer-courses-nawa/.
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań will organize an on-site course for students and academic teachers on July 24 - August 13, 2023 – more info and application form: http://schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/en/summer-course-2022-2/.
The University of Lodz will organize an online course for students and academic teachers on July 31 - August 20, 2023.
Detailed information on the program of courses in the centers and registration - especially dates and forms - will be published in April on the websites of the universities and - in the form of links - in this tab.
The following groups are invited to participate in the course:
- students and academic teachers of foreign universities who are foreigners or have dual citizenship (Polish and citizenship of another country) for whom Polish is not the first language, who do not study, are not employed and do not live in Poland and use Polish or English on at least B1 level,
- foreign language teachers who conduct courses in Polish as a foreign language in foreign academic centers.
The courses - including all activities related to them, as well as (in the case of on-site courses) accommodation and meals - are free of charge. Participants cover only the cost of travel to Poland and back, as well as the cost of medical insurance, including possible costs of transport to the country of residence. This insurance is obligatory, but you do not have to buy it if the country of citizenship of the course participant has signed relevant agreements with Poland.
The responsibilities of course participants also include:
- achieving the minimum attendance at classes indicated by the center organizing the course,
- participation in evaluation activities during and after the course, including completing an online survey within 14 days of its availability, access to which will be provided before the end of the course,
- cooperation with the organizer and lecturers in order to achieve the best course results,
- taking care of the place of accommodation, places of classes and entrusted didactic materials (applies to on-site courses).
Important notice: One person is eligible to take part only in one course in one (e.g. 2023) year, even if this person receives invitation from more than one university, In such a case one should choose the preferred university and resign from the others.
Below you can find detailed descriptions of what NAWA require from the course organizers as a minimum version, although the universities usually offer much more – that you will see in the syllabus (program of a course) mentioned above:
Detailed description of the on-site NAWA summer course for students and academic teachers
Detailed description of the online intensive NAWA summer course for students and academic teachers
Detailed description of the online NAWA summer course for students and academic teachers
Below you will find a list of countries whose citizenship gives preference in the recruitment process for the course: List of preferred countries
Information about courses under the NAWA Summer Courses program is provided by the Program coordinator - Adam Brańko:
Phone: +48 22 390 35 10
Mobile phone: +48 451 058 626