The aim of the Polish Returns NAWA Programme is to allow the outstanding Polish scientists to return to their homeland and take up employment in Polish universities and research institutes. The Programme will create optimal conditions for returning scientists to build their own project groups in Poland and conduct research in optimal conditions. Polish higher education institutions and research institutes will acquire specialists with international experience and knowledge in the field of the newest research trends in their scientific discipline.
The Programme includes 2 tracks, depending on the stage of the returning scientist’s academic career:
- Junior scientist
- Experienced scientist.
The returning scientist may be a person who:
- is a Polish citizen
- holds a doctoral degree (for Junior scientist – obtained not earlier than 7 years before submitting the application)
- has worked abroad as a scientist for the required period specified in the call text, and at that time has not lived nor worked in Poland
- can demonstrate scientific achievements that are internationally recognized, and stand out in the context of a given discipline and career stage
- gained experience in managing a research team or a research project as part of the research work abroad (for the Experienced scientist track).
The Programme funds
- remuneration for the returning scientist
- remuneration for the inviting person
- remuneration for the project group
- relocation of the returning scientist
- research component financed by the National Science Centre (NCN) or application component financed by the National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR).
Under the Junior scientist track the projects may last from 24 to 36 months, with NAWA financing up to PLN 1 143 200. In the Experienced scientist track, projects from 36 to 48 months are possible with NAWA financing up to PLN 2 397 600. Additionally, in the case of basic research, one may apply for the NCN research component - a starting grant of up to PLN 200 000, and in the case of application research and development work - for the NCBR application component up to PLN 400 000. The allocation for the call is PLN 18 000 000.
For more information about the Polish Returns Programme please contact:
Katarzyna Pietruszyńska, Department of Programmes for Scientists
+ 48 22 390-35-56