WHAT IS THE GDPR?
GDPR is a EU law regulating the rules of personal data protection, which we are using from 25 May 2018. From this day, NAWA adheres to the principles set out in the GDPR.
Full name of GDRP: Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
WHO IS THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE DATA?
The National Agency for Academic Exchange is the administrator of your personal data
The administrator of the data is responsible for the security of the transferred personal data and processing them in accordance with the law.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS WE ARE USING THE DATA?
We will be using your personal data in the following purposes:
- conclusion and performance of the contract, including ensuring the correct quality of tasks performed by the Data Administrator (legal basis - Article 6 (1) letter b) of the GDPR) - "performance of the contract",
- performance of legal obligations imposed on us, resulting in particular from the Act of 7 July 2017 on the National Academic Exchange Agency (legal basis - Article 6 (1) letter c) of the GDPR) - "legal obligation",
- performance of tasks performed in the public interest by the Data Administrator, in particular tasks performed in connection with the Act of 7 July 2017 on the National Academic Exchange Agency (legal basis - Article 6 paragraph 1 point e) of the GDPR - "public interest"
- marketing, if you consent to the use of data for this purpose (legal basis - Article 6 (1) letter and RODO) - "consent".
HOW LONG WILL WE BE USING THE DATA?
We will be using the data for a period necessary to achieve the objectives described above. Depending on the legal basis, it will be:
- duration of the contract,
- the time of performing legal obligations and the time, where the law requires us to store data, e.g. tax regulations,
- the time of performing tasks implemented for the public interest,
- the time until the withdraw of consent
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may submit an application to NAWA for:
- access to personal data (information about personal data processing and a copy of data),
- rectification of data when they are incorrect
- transfer of data, in cases described in GDPR,
- removal or limitation of the use of personal data.
You also have the right to bring a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the law.
The granted consent for the processing of personal data for marketing purposes may be withdrawn at any time.
TO WHOM ARE WE TRANSFERRING YOUR DATA?
Subject to all data security guarantees, your data may be transferred - in addition to persons authorized by the Administrator - to other entities, including entities processing them on our behalf, e.g. technical service providers and entities providing consultancy services to us.
Your data may also be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (to countries other than European Union countries and Island, Norway and Liechtenstein), provided that the conditions set out in Chapter V of the GDPR are met.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ON THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION?