From Sunday, 15 March borders in Poland are closed. The Polish government is organizing support for Poles and foreigners that are coming to Poland on the terms applicable for Polish citizens, i.e.:
- spouses of Polish citizens,
- children of Polish citizens,
- people with a Pole's Card,
- people who have the right of permanent or temporary residence in Poland or a work permit,
- foreigners who operate a means of transport for the carriage of goods.
Other restrictions that have been introduced:
- Polish citizens and foreigners returning to the country must undergo a 14-day home quarantine,
- restrictions on the operation of shopping centres, * grocery stores, drugstores, pharmacies and launderettes remain open in these centres,
- ban on public gatherings of more than 50 people,
- restaurants, bars and cafes will only be available for takeouts and delivery.
PM Mateusz Morawiecki informed about the charter flights operated by PLL LOT under the project #LotDoDomu. At the moment it applies to US, UK, Ireland, Cyprus and Malta. It will be extended to the less popular countries, more information is available at the link: https://lotdodomu.com
Price for the flights will be the same for all passengers, flat rates: passengers travelling from Europe 400-800 PLN and for passengers travelling from destinations outside of Europe 1600-2400 PLN. The rest will be paid by Polish government. It will apply to Polish citizens and foreigners coming to Poland on terms applicable for Polish citizens (mentioned in the first paragraph of this article).
In connection with the development of the epidemiological situation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of Poland launched a helpline regarding the possibility of crossing borders. Information can be obtained by phone +48 22 523 8880.